Sunday 16 September 2012

SO.......IT BEGINS

Theres no time like the present!


So as i finish my last bit of Galaxy chocolate and drink the dregs of my last bud, it suddenly hits me that this triple challenge isn't going to be the easiest thing I've done! for you who don't know, i am embarking(mad) on a triple challenge throughout 2013! my itinerary is as follows :

May - walk the Hadrian's wall path (84 miles)

July - complete the assent of the three peaks (Ben Nevis, scafell pike and snowdon)

September - complete the great north run 2013

with this in mind, iam looking to raise a massive £3000 the motor neuron disease association.

Speaking of the great north run, i observed the thousands of athletes that come past me today and couldn't help but admire the grit and determination that each of them had, for their personal and charity goals. well done to all who took part.

It also made me think of my own personal challenge and who iam doing it for. I am doing this challenge for my good friend Keith 'halla' hallway and on behalf of the charity who helps him, the motor neuron disease association. The MNDA supports hundreds of MND sufferers every day with the day to day tasks we take for granted and all at MNDA are dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by MND, now and in the future. All donations will also go towards the research of this little known disease. SO SPREAD THE WORD! find out more at http://www.mndassociation.org/what-is-mnd

www.justgiving.com/ians-triple-challenge

So onto the training.

I am looking ahead to my first week of PROPER training, witch will include alot of running, cardio and lots of walking!....in nice places though.

my first big training exercise will be on Saturday 22nd of September where i will face the mighty scafell pike (tallest mountain in England at 3209ft) witch of course i will keep you updated here, so keep checking back!.

along with that, i will keep you up to date with my day to day training between now and the next 52 weeks.

so if you'd like to donate there is a few ways!

www.justgiving.com/ians-triple-challenge

or text the code IANM86 + AMOUNT£ to 70070

thanks for reading

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON

Ian :)



No comments:

Post a Comment